Studying the Recorder at College


Many universities make a contribution towards instrumental tuition, and instrumental performance can form a significant part of a music degree at university level. Applications in the UK are made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service. In the Republic of Ireland applications are made through the Central Applications Office.

Institutions where the recorder can be studied as first study include:

Trinity College of Music, London,

Guildhall School of Music & Drama, London,

London College of Music and Media,

Royal Academy of Music, London,

Royal College of Music, London,

Canterbury Christ Church University College, Canterbury, Kent,

School of Music, University of Leeds,

Birmingham Conservatoire,

Colchester Institute,

Huddersfield University,

Welsh College of Music & Drama, Cardiff,

Dartington College of Arts,

Kingston University,

Napier University, Edinburgh,

Queen’s University, Belfast,

University of Ulster, Jordanstown,

University of Manchester,

University of Southampton -

Royal Irish Academy of Music

Dublin Institute of Technology Conservatory of Music and Drama

Cork School of Music

Last updated May 31, 2013